Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

A liaison Forum between BVC members and Berjaya Vacation Club management to voice out issues to protect common interest for both parties.

+7
Cheese
KEE
edwardhck
wl_Leong
KK
cheowhin
ajoyprabhu
11 posters

humiliation faced by a group of 40 BVC members at REDANG

ajoyprabhu
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

humiliation faced by a group of 40 BVC members at REDANG Empty humiliation faced by a group of 40 BVC members at REDANG

Post  ajoyprabhu Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:52 pm

we ( family of 4 ) had booked at redang in Jan for our holiday from 3rd - 7th July. In the new internet booking system - Initially we were trying for Langkawi which was perpetually booked for the whole year ! Since we had been to redang in July 2010, we tried tioman which was also booked during July. Out of no choice and also the fact that we really love redang beach resort from berjaya - we then tried to book that. what was stated for redang was only "redang island resort" - who will imagine that this is different from berjaya beach resort at this juncture ? well, unaware of what was in store we were eagerly looking forward to our wonderful beach escapade and were shocked when we landed at redang beach resort - the new name is 'THE TARAAS BEACH AND SPA RESORT" and we were told that we are not booked there - but at Redang island resort which is actually the earlier Berjaya redang spa resort. After some debates we were sent there at our dismay. We were welcomed by another 40 odd people at the lobby in the same fate as us some of whom were there for 1 day already - complaining of leaking toilets, spitting aircons...basically that resort is in ruins and under renovation - it is not ready to receive guests ! ( Videos have been posted about the same on YOUTUBE - you can view ). we were not allowed to enter the beach resort for the fear that we shall create a ruckus in front of their other elite non-BVC guests ! by promising to pay for our rooms we got in again and start debating as a bigger group. The GM met us and explained that Taraas is no more part of berjaya and even threatened to call the police to shove us away - which we readily invited her to do so if she dares as this was a total case of cheating. Except for the Main signboard - everything else is BERJAYA in this resort and they were trying to claim that it is different. Infact even today berjaya hotels lists this resort in their lineage, accepts booking etc. Finally she saw better sense to allow our big group to stay. None of us were informed by Berjaya on the situation. Basically how are they cooly juggling ownership under the same owner just to deprive poor US - who have invested in BVC several years back to help them build their resorts, of our justified rights to these resorts which still belong to Vincent tan and family. One can;t pride in being a philanthropist by having duped millions from gullible family oriented tourists like us all. It was a inhumane treatment meted out to us - a group consisting of several small children, elderly people etc - an ordeal that lasted from 11 am to 4 pm !!! we MUST do something !!!
    cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

humiliation faced by a group of 40 BVC members at REDANG Empty Re: humiliation faced by a group of 40 BVC members at REDANG

Post  cheowhin Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:22 pm

ajoyprabhu wrote:we ( family of 4 ) had booked at redang in Jan for our holiday from 3rd - 7th July. In the new internet booking system - Initially we were trying for Langkawi which was perpetually booked for the whole year ! Since we had been to redang in July 2010, we tried tioman which was also booked during July. Out of no choice and also the fact that we really love redang beach resort from berjaya - we then tried to book that. what was stated for redang was only "redang island resort" - who will imagine that this is different from berjaya beach resort at this juncture ? well, unaware of what was in store we were eagerly looking forward to our wonderful beach escapade and were shocked when we landed at redang beach resort - the new name is 'THE TARAAS BEACH AND SPA RESORT" and we were told that we are not booked there - but at Redang island resort which is actually the earlier Berjaya redang spa resort. After some debates we were sent there at our dismay. We were welcomed by another 40 odd people at the lobby in the same fate as us some of whom were there for 1 day already - complaining of leaking toilets, spitting aircons...basically that resort is in ruins and under renovation - it is not ready to receive guests ! ( Videos have been posted about the same on YOUTUBE - you can view ). we were not allowed to enter the beach resort for the fear that we shall create a ruckus in front of their other elite non-BVC guests ! by promising to pay for our rooms we got in again and start debating as a bigger group. The GM met us and explained that Taraas is no more part of berjaya and even threatened to call the police to shove us away - which we readily invited her to do so if she dares as this was a total case of cheating. Except for the Main signboard - everything else is BERJAYA in this resort and they were trying to claim that it is different. Infact even today berjaya hotels lists this resort in their lineage, accepts booking etc. Finally she saw better sense to allow our big group to stay. None of us were informed by Berjaya on the situation. Basically how are they cooly juggling ownership under the same owner just to deprive poor US - who have invested in BVC several years back to help them build their resorts, of our justified rights to these resorts which still belong to Vincent tan and family. One can;t pride in being a philanthropist by having duped millions from gullible family oriented tourists like us all. It was a inhumane treatment meted out to us - a group consisting of several small children, elderly people etc - an ordeal that lasted from 11 am to 4 pm !!! we MUST do something !!!

Hi Mr. Ajoy,

Can you provide me the link for the youtube that you mentioned.

Regards,
    Brandon
    ajoyprabhu
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

humiliation faced by a group of 40 BVC members at REDANG Empty Re: humiliation faced by a group of 40 BVC members at REDANG

Post  ajoyprabhu Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:38 pm

KK
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  KK Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:09 am

I am really horrified to read this and watch the video. We are booked there and leave in a few days. Now I am scared to go but we already have booked the Berjaya air tickets so we cannot cancel!
    It really is a shame that BVC does this. I think they only use the name change to Taara to have a means to exclude us BVC member to use the Redang Beach resort. Really sad as I was so looking forward to have this vacation at Redang.
    I am def. willing to contribute in any member action.
    ajoyprabhu
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  ajoyprabhu Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:31 am

i feel you must take this up with BVC BEFORE YOU GO - tell them that they did not keep you informed of the changes and you are not willing to go there - can they help you change the booking, or divert the flight booking & reservation to tioman or langkawi etc.
    ajoyprabhu
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  ajoyprabhu Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:33 am

if no other go and you have to go, try your best to enter taara - just jump onto the safari vans which usually go to taara and not the ricket pick up van that will take you the ruins of the old spa resort
    KK
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  KK Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:02 pm

I did receive an email from BVC few days ago that Berjaya beach resort facilities cannot be used anymore by BVC members and that we cannot even enter their premises.
    They mention it is because of new management Taara. There is now also a notice on their website.
    I think they send out these notices to protect themselves due to all the problems that happened to your group and other members since opening in early July. It is obvious that they want to prevent BVC members trying to stay at the Berjaya Beach resort.
    So I do not think I will have any success in getting a room at the Beach resort. Really disappointed !
    wl_Leong
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

humiliation faced by a group of 40 BVC members at REDANG Empty redang

Post  wl_Leong Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:30 am

I found this forum only today. I had been wondering how come I don't hear of anyone complaining of the way BVC is pulling out resorts faster that we pull out weeds in the garden!?!

Re Redang. oh dear!!!!! and i am going in August!!! Sad
    edwardhck
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  edwardhck Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:50 pm

I am the latest victim for being sent to "No Beach" Redang Island Resort.

my family and I had to moved Long beach on 2nd day for the beach.

Extremely angry ! and thinking what i can do about it. please advise !

KEE
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

humiliation faced by a group of 40 BVC members at REDANG Empty lets sue Berjaya and liquidate the company

Post  KEE Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:56 pm

let's sue Berjaya and liquidate the company and get back our money , have as much publicity as possible , let the public know you cannot cheat people and then get away by donating to charity, this is like Drug dealer Escobar who made millions from drugs and then give crumbs to the poor and when police came to arrest him , the poor gang up to protect him !!
    moral of the story, want to be corrupt and not get caught? donate to charity, control Utusan, donate to kampung people and you will get voted in for 50 years !!
    edwardhck
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  edwardhck Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:00 pm

yes. let's sue berjaya !! any interested lawyer here?

Cheese
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  Cheese Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:26 pm

Can we do something like launching a class action against BVC?
    PS Lau
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  PS Lau Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:16 pm

I'm joining if there is any legal action can be taken on the money-sucker.
    donyap
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  donyap Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:00 am

When i saw the videos, I thought this kinda room condition is NOT for any human kind to stay! This is definitely minus (-) five (5) stars hotel!
    calvin6869
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

humiliation faced by a group of 40 BVC members at REDANG Empty met up to sue them

Post  calvin6869 Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:07 pm

who interested to met up to sue them?
    or we set up a facebook
    enterume
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  enterume Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:49 pm

hey guys, anyone just come back from there?? any improvement?? damn BVC

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm