Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

A liaison Forum between BVC members and Berjaya Vacation Club management to voice out issues to protect common interest for both parties.

No aircon in KL Plaza room H908

ngsuaneng
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

No aircon in KL Plaza room H908 Empty No aircon in KL Plaza room H908

Post  ngsuaneng Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:39 pm

I wrote to Mr Khor of BVC Bhd on 24 Feb 2014 after staying in KL Plaza on 22/23 Feb 2014:

"I made a reservation fora 3-room unit for the night of 22 February as I was on a motoring holiday from Singapore to Ipoh and Penang last week, and planned for a night of rest in KL on my return to Singapore. Upon arriving in KL,  I checked in at 4.30pm, and the receptionist gave me the key to unit H908. When we went in, the whole apartment looked decent with new sofa set and TV set. The toilet had also been changed to a new shower system. However, soon my friends [u]found two big ants' nests in the kitchen and the Master Bathroom, and black ants were crawling all over the areas. I immediately sought help from the receptionists and was grateful that the housekeeping staff came to spray the nests with insecticide. After that we were quite relieved and so went out shopping and eating before returning at 10pm. It was then that I discovered that the second bedroom where I was to sleep in was so hot even though the aircon was switched on. The aircon was blowing out hot air. So I called receptionist again and asked for help. After learning that it was the second bedroom, he passed me to a lady called Fatin (?) who told me that the maintenance people (without even coming to check) said the aircon  'cannot be fixed', with no further explanation. I begged her to help me as there were 5 of us. The master bedroom was occupied by the only male in my group, while the 4 of us ladies had to use the two connecting bedrooms. I needed an aircon room to sleep in as I would be driving the next day down to Singapore. I asked for change of room but she said they were all full. She said, ' You have a ceiling fan, right'? I was really very disappointed with her attitude and lack of service recovery. Obviously the staff already knew my unit had a room with defective aircon and chose to do nothing to help me.

As a member who paid for their entitled rooms in advance and yearly maintenance fees, we should not be treated like this. In the end, I was so frustrated that I asked for a standing fan, and she did provide that. Needless to say, I did not get a good nights' sleep that night. You know how hot KL is the last few days when I was in Malaysia.

We later checked the compressors outside the kitchen, and found that one of the compressors was not working. No wonder without checking, the staff could tell me flatly that the aircon could not be repaired.

So my point is, they gave me a room with a defective aircon and did not tell me when I checked in. They already decided that nothing could be done and expected me to accept that.

Sorry for taking up your time, but I think BVC should replace some of the very old aircon systems in the units, and staff should be further trained to give professional services. Housekeeping should also do their work properly so that pests like ants and cockroaches should not infest the rooms under their charge."

I hope tp receive a reply from him or his representative soon.
    ngsuaneng
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

No aircon in KL Plaza room H908 Empty Re: No aircon in KL Plaza room H908

Post  ngsuaneng Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:20 am

I have received a reply from BVC about my feedback on KL Plaza unit H908. It goes to show that when we are civil and sincere, they do attend to our feedback or complaint.

"Thank you for highlighting the shortcomings to us. We appreciate your feedback and would like apologize for the inconvenience caused.

The air conditioning compressor that was defect has been rectified. We will make sure the staff pays attention to the cleanliness of the apartments and avoid being lackadaisical and rude that had made the probability of your disappointment even greater.

Once again please accept our regret for not able to extend our service to your satisfaction.

Regards
    Roy"

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:08 am