Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

A liaison Forum between BVC members and Berjaya Vacation Club management to voice out issues to protect common interest for both parties.


    What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Share

    cheongsc75
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 20
    Join date : 2010-03-12

    What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  cheongsc75 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:55 am

    Today found all berjaya redang resort state as N/A, means fully booked, i can't believe that so i call to ask bvc, they said: "if u see N/A means fully book lah", after that i call berjaya redang, they said "u can't believe then can't believe lah, members are no longer stay in Berjaya Redang", i ask why? both official didn't tell me, so...what to do? we lost one home resort now. Can somebody do something?

    cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

    Posts : 41
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  cheowhin on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:25 pm

    Thanks for giving head up on this matters.

    Please note that this year there is no committee members to represent us for the moment.

    As for Redang Island Resort. I try to send in an email to check out what is going on.

    Regards,
    Brandon

    Updates
    I've called and asked, they said following the systems information the Redang Island Resort is fully booked until next year.

    BUT IMO I don't think that is the reason behind though, its either resort is removed or it was under renovation. Therefore no booking is allowed until the renovation is fully done.

    http://www.berjayavacation.com.my/members_onlinereserve.php

    You can view the Notice of Closure at the site.

    cheongsc75
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 20
    Join date : 2010-03-12

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  cheongsc75 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:57 pm

    Berjaya redang island/spa resort are under renovation for more then one year(maybe two years), members are stay at beach resort during renovate, so do hope they can finish their work on June, if not, don't be surprise that bvc will put out another notice say that their work still under process next year. Good luck to all bvc members.

    cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

    Posts : 41
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  cheowhin on Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:33 am

    cheongsc75 wrote:Berjaya redang island/spa resort are under renovation for more then one year(maybe two years), members are stay at beach resort during renovate, so do hope they can finish their work on June, if not, don't be surprise that bvc will put out another notice say that their work still under process next year. Good luck to all bvc members.

    Oh my, never realise that coz already given up on BVC. Looks like need to bring it during the upcoming AGM.

    Regards.

    KK
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 10
    Join date : 2010-09-10

    what if you have already booked ?

    Post  KK on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:05 am

    Anyone know what happens if you have already made a booking for the Redang resort ? Thanks

    dopey
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 3
    Join date : 2011-03-16

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  dopey on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:08 am

    This is nothing new at all. Look at the history, how many home resort they have removed? Those "hot" and "nicer" resorts are removed one by one over time. Only left with not so good hotels for us. Nicer home resorts are added to affiliate hotel category now, and members have to pay surcharge for that. And the surcharge just gets higher and higher every year.

    cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

    Posts : 41
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  cheowhin on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:44 am

    Yeap, its a pain for seeing our money being deposited into these kinda of resorts + we still need to pay for the maintenance fees every year which are increase from time to time.

    I wonder wouldn't it be wise that BVC just close down and return all to the members? No point hogging at those resorts that doesn't benefit the members at all.

    limfong
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2010-06-26

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  limfong on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:06 pm

    For those member who booked berjaya redang at Mar-May 2011 will be in big trouble lo?
    Why they never consider about members?
    Didn't them know that services is everything nowadays and good/bads will known by everyone through internet/media who might be their potential customers later?

    chaziel
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 3
    Join date : 2011-03-22

    REDANG - BVC IS A FRAUD

    Post  chaziel on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:03 pm

    I am very very disapointed with BVC. It is cheating members time and again and is getting worse by the day. Something needs to be done. This is what I underwent recently.
    I booked Redang beach resort months back and confirmation slip already issued then all of a sudden with another week plus before departure I received phone call from a so call manager from BVC asking me to cancel the trip. Their reason is all resorts in Redang are on renovation. Guys! do you think its fair after going through hell before placing the booking (including flight booking)getting leave approval from employer and all preparation done than asked to cancel everything. When I called back BVC to protest the so called manager who speaks more like a "Don" than a client service staff I got more sick with all brandnames bearing the sign BERJAYA and VINCENT TAN. Need advice what to do next.

    cheongsc75
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 20
    Join date : 2010-03-12

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  cheongsc75 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:11 pm

    a lot of ppl involve in this disaster case, many of my friends need cancel their berjaya redang trip and plan for another expensive trip with un-happy mood.

    limfong
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2010-06-26

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  limfong on Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:54 pm

    For sudden canceled those confirmed rooms, can't we do anything and asked for compensation?
    Like what Chaziel say, we've planned advance, booked BVC long long time ago to make sure availability, bought flight tickets, apply leave and doing others preparation for the trip, and then they just 'informed' us 1week+ before our trip, how can it be??They really just informed, but not asking us.And according to them, nothing they can do for us..... Evil or Very Mad
    Shouldn't BVC need to compensate us the whole redang trip with accommodation+berjaya flight any date we want after renovation done?Can we asked for some compensation from them??

    chaziel
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 3
    Join date : 2011-03-22

    BVC - A fraudulent scheme of BERJAYA

    Post  chaziel on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:16 am

    lol!
    Friends,

    I think BVC is becomming more like a Toddy shop business (Very very unprofessional). Their so called managers (except for 1 or 2)are only qualified to be security guards or sell chee chong fun. Their communication skills and problem solving ability is almost nil.Wonder who gave them their respective jobs and paid through our hard earned money. Shameeee on Berjaya! for employing such low quality staffs. As for members I think we should togather take this fraudulent and incompetant business scheme to task so that this kind of rubbish will stop.Otherwise its going to be a pain in the ass forever.Imagine for another 30 years with this sort of dealings.

    cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

    Posts : 41
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  cheowhin on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:51 am

    limfong wrote:For sudden canceled those confirmed rooms, can't we do anything and asked for compensation?
    Like what Chaziel say, we've planned advance, booked BVC long long time ago to make sure availability, bought flight tickets, apply leave and doing others preparation for the trip, and then they just 'informed' us 1week+ before our trip, how can it be??They really just informed, but not asking us.And according to them, nothing they can do for us..... Evil or Very Mad
    Shouldn't BVC need to compensate us the whole redang trip with accommodation+berjaya flight any date we want after renovation done?Can we asked for some compensation from them??

    Please send a complain over to BVC and get their responses, keep it and send a copy of the reply to Mr. Sien so as at the next AGM it can be brought up against the Club.

    chaziel wrote: lol!
    Friends,

    I think BVC is becomming more like a Toddy shop business (Very very unprofessional). Their so called managers (except for 1 or 2)are only qualified to be security guards or sell chee chong fun. Their communication skills and problem solving ability is almost nil.Wonder who gave them their respective jobs and paid through our hard earned money. Shameeee on Berjaya! for employing such low quality staffs. As for members I think we should togather take this fraudulent and incompetant business scheme to task so that this kind of rubbish will stop.Otherwise its going to be a pain in the ass forever.Imagine for another 30 years with this sort of dealings.

    Yes, it has been a pain in the ass for getting into this kinda of Club. It's like upfront payment for a vacation that bring painful experiences in joining vacation club.

    Please do attend the next AGM with fully paid maintenance fees as previous AGM, they try to kick out the members with outstanding maintenance fees.

    cheongsc75
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 20
    Join date : 2010-03-12

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  cheongsc75 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:02 am

    when is coming AGM?

    cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

    Posts : 41
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  cheowhin on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:01 pm

    cheongsc75 wrote:when is coming AGM?

    If not mistaken, should be around the month of August every year.

    klwong
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 1
    Join date : 2011-04-06

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  klwong on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:57 am

    Dun noe wat tis bvjc trying to do... my trip also affected but managed to go one of the redang resort and make me very angry stuff is saw some ANGMO (tourist) with berjaya life vest enjoying at marine park... very angry Evil or Very Mad whoever 1 2 join me in with to make complaint against bvjc u may contact me @ klwong22@yahoo.com?? And my 1st action now to stop my membership payment to them and c wat the answer they going to provide… It seems that they making us PnP (PAID AND PAID) YET providing PnP (POOR AND POOR) services

    wayne_loh
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2010-07-01

    raise our voice

    Post  wayne_loh on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:24 pm

    klwong wrote:Dun noe wat tis bvjc trying to do... my trip also affected but managed to go one of the redang resort and make me very angry stuff is saw some ANGMO (tourist) with berjaya life vest enjoying at marine park... very angry Evil or Very Mad whoever 1 2 join me in with to make complaint against bvjc u may contact me @ klwong22@yahoo.com?? And my 1st action now to stop my membership payment to them and c wat the answer they going to provide… It seems that they making us PnP (PAID AND PAID) YET providing PnP (POOR AND POOR) services


    I guess we only can gather all together and attend the AGM and give some pressure to the BVC management. Problem is , i guess not many members were attending the AGM since we feel 'alone'. So I would like we now gather our 'force' and all attend to the AGM.

    I actually gathering some members' email address so that we can share our communication in email loop and forward to other members we know. will u think it will work rather we just release our frust on forum ??

    cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

    Posts : 41
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  cheowhin on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:48 pm

    wayne_loh wrote:
    klwong wrote:Dun noe wat tis bvjc trying to do... my trip also affected but managed to go one of the redang resort and make me very angry stuff is saw some ANGMO (tourist) with berjaya life vest enjoying at marine park... very angry Evil or Very Mad whoever 1 2 join me in with to make complaint against bvjc u may contact me @ klwong22@yahoo.com?? And my 1st action now to stop my membership payment to them and c wat the answer they going to provide… It seems that they making us PnP (PAID AND PAID) YET providing PnP (POOR AND POOR) services


    I guess we only can gather all together and attend the AGM and give some pressure to the BVC management. Problem is , i guess not many members were attending the AGM since we feel 'alone'. So I would like we now gather our 'force' and all attend to the AGM.

    I actually gathering some members' email address so that we can share our communication in email loop and forward to other members we know. will u think it will work rather we just release our frust on forum ??

    We do have a google group email whereby any notification or discussion is wired directly to our personal.

    It's best to have everyone emails on/during/after AGM so that all members are able to keep in touch.

    wayne_loh
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2010-07-01

    Email chain

    Post  wayne_loh on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:55 pm

    [/quote]
    We do have a google group email whereby any notification or discussion is wired directly to our personal.

    It's best to have everyone emails on/during/after AGM so that all members are able to keep in touch.[/quote]



    Yes, so pls forward and put any BVC members email u know in the email loop.

    cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

    Posts : 41
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  cheowhin on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:04 pm

    wayne_loh wrote:
    We do have a google group email whereby any notification or discussion is wired directly to our personal.

    It's best to have everyone emails on/during/after AGM so that all members are able to keep in touch.[/quote]



    Yes, so pls forward and put any BVC members email u know in the email loop.
    [/quote]

    Where is the email loop? Have you join the google group of BVC? If not, I suggest you should join there, posting emails in the forum might cause spammer use it to spam their messages.

    It's best to send invitation to all the emails that you had to have them join the groups. From there any discussion can be made.

    http://groups.google.com/group/bvcmembers

    wayne_loh
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2010-07-01

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  wayne_loh on Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:24 pm

    I'm not aware of the Google Group of BVC. But I did start to put few email address in the loop which i can noticed from the forum. My intention is to write something so that everyone can notices, Forum suppose to be good but not many of us keep checking the forum everyday, but if an email can push into to the mailbox then that will be good enough.

    So it is not my mean to flood the forum by email. I only trying to keep everyone of us keep 'talking' and communicating.


    my email : wayneloh72@gmail.com

    cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

    Posts : 41
    Join date : 2009-07-14

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  cheowhin on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:11 pm

    wayne_loh wrote:I'm not aware of the Google Group of BVC. But I did start to put few email address in the loop which i can noticed from the forum. My intention is to write something so that everyone can notices, Forum suppose to be good but not many of us keep checking the forum everyday, but if an email can push into to the mailbox then that will be good enough.

    So it is not my mean to flood the forum by email. I only trying to keep everyone of us keep 'talking' and communicating.


    my email : wayneloh72@gmail.com

    Noted your good intention. Do spread the news having those members to join the group as I found it easily updating all members compare to forum and members do reply more often compare to forum here though Razz

    Forum is the best if most of the members are actively looking at it.

    bob_ns
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 3
    Join date : 2011-04-23

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  bob_ns on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:43 am

    I had the same experience with Redang, online booked for 2 rooms months ago for Check in 24th till 27th April.. 3 weeks ago they sent and email informed that the resort is closed for renovation. Fine...I immediately do an online booking for Tioman same date. I was very sure my booking went in when recheck the booking history. Due to hectic days,i did not check the booking until late last nite...To my surprised,my booking for Tioman disappeerded but my Redang booking still exist with comfirmation slip...my entitlement hads been deducted as well.,6 nights.!!!
    Called BVC ofrfice...its closed.Voice msg said..Open Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm...so called HOtline no...sucks! Called up Tioman Resort...my name is not in the reservation. Called up Redang,they said rooms for members are closed .

    BVC ...your service are sucked!!!!!! I paid yearly maintenance, what ami getting back????

    wayne_loh
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 17
    Join date : 2010-07-01

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  wayne_loh on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:13 pm

    bob_ns wrote:I had the same experience with Redang, online booked for 2 rooms months ago for Check in 24th till 27th April.. 3 weeks ago they sent and email informed that the resort is closed for renovation. Fine...I immediately do an online booking for Tioman same date. I was very sure my booking went in when recheck the booking history. Due to hectic days,i did not check the booking until late last nite...To my surprised,my booking for Tioman disappeerded but my Redang booking still exist with comfirmation slip...my entitlement hads been deducted as well.,6 nights.!!!
    Called BVC ofrfice...its closed.Voice msg said..Open Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm...so called HOtline no...sucks! Called up Tioman Resort...my name is not in the reservation. Called up Redang,they said rooms for members are closed .

    BVC ...your service are sucked!!!!!! I paid yearly maintenance, what ami getting back????


    I suggest u try to email your complaint to BVC reservation, and see what they can help.

    LuckySkunk
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

    Posts : 6
    Join date : 2009-04-29

    What happened to the affiliated hotels

    Post  LuckySkunk on Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:29 am

    I've not done any booking to affiliated hotels for some time. Went in this morning and I was surprised to find out that there's only 1 page there. No more Thailand, Hong Kong, Australia, etc. Is this temporary or is BVC closing down?

    Sponsored content

    Re: What happen with Berjaya Redang resort?

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:25 pm