Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

A liaison Forum between BVC members and Berjaya Vacation Club management to voice out issues to protect common interest for both parties.

4 posters

Unreasonable Surcharge on Owned Resorts and even Affiliated Resorts

Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Unreasonable Surcharge on Owned Resorts and even Affiliated Resorts Empty Unreasonable Surcharge on Owned Resorts and even Affiliated Resorts

Post  Sien Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:36 am

The article in The Star paper dated monday, December the 8th 2008 by S.C Cheah was a good article. Let me quote him for the benefit of those who have not read the article.
    Now, assuming that instead of buying an RM 18,000 membership (excluding compound interest) and one had put the money in fixed deposit at 4% interests a year, the opportunity cost would have been RM 720 plus RM 330 a year in BVC maintenance fees totaling RM 1,050. Divide this by seven nights, it would cost about RM 150 a night. Add this to the RM 280 to stay at the Berjaya Eden Park; it would total RM 430 a night
    Previously we don't have to pay, but now we have to!
    I can give another example based on my experience for an affiliated hotel surcharge:
    Zon Regency in Johor Bahru if you add the RM150 plus surcharge of RM70 the total is RM220 which is more than if I were to book directly where per room only cost RM200.

I ask...what is the benefit of being a BVC member now? Tell me how you feel guys..
    chuey_tan
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Unreasonable Surcharge on Owned Resorts and even Affiliated Resorts Empty I totally agree with you.

Post  chuey_tan Mon May 18, 2009 11:21 pm

This is very disappointing. I can give you another example too. By booking online, we can choose other hotels with a better price than affliated hotel, whereby most of the time, breakfast are included for 2 person per room (sometimes even a massage session). What benefit does BVC given to members like us?
    Besides, I went to Berjaya Redang Beach resort under BVC membership few years back. They provided us those 'Rumah Panjang' room, instead of the chalet even though that time was not a peak season... It was so embarrasing, because before that, my friends would liked to subscribe for the BVC membership as well... To be frank, I doubt that the General Manager did any studies before approving all the current changes - more like reducing BVC membership's benefits.
    mapple
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Unreasonable Surcharge on Owned Resorts and even Affiliated Resorts Empty Re: Unreasonable Surcharge on Owned Resorts and even Affiliated Resorts

Post  mapple Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:31 pm

I went to one resort located in goa . they charge for unused things . and put extra charges for unreasonable things .

City Centre accommodation
    chom
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Unreasonable Surcharge on Owned Resorts and even Affiliated Resorts Empty Many of us have given up

Post  chom Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:18 pm

Bottom line is BVC is a legalised Scammer.I've been to a few affiliated resorts, local and one in Siem Reap. After all the calculations , members lose out rather than gain. With all the restrictions and charges, it makes better sense to opt for tours or own independent travel. The few members i know all feel cheated and have given up ie cut losses until i chanced on this forum to see effort taken with the Tribunal Court. I share the same feeling about the rumah panjang. They treat us as pariah guests! guess what? We end up paying more than the those who've taken their package deals and get better rooms including meals!

ote="chuey_tan"]This is very disappointing. I can give you another example too. By booking online, we can choose other hotels with a better price than affliated hotel, whereby most of the time, breakfast are included for 2 person per room (sometimes even a massage session). What benefit does BVC given to members like us?
    Besides, I went to Berjaya Redang Beach resort under BVC membership few years back. They provided us those 'Rumah Panjang' room, instead of the chalet even though that time was not a peak season... It was so embarrasing, because before that, my friends would liked to subscribe for the BVC membership as well... To be frank, I doubt that the General Manager did any studies before approving all the current changes - more like reducing BVC membership's benefits.[/quote] bounce

Sponsored content

Unreasonable Surcharge on Owned Resorts and even Affiliated Resorts Empty Re: Unreasonable Surcharge on Owned Resorts and even Affiliated Resorts

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:40 pm