Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

A liaison Forum between BVC members and Berjaya Vacation Club management to voice out issues to protect common interest for both parties.

+2
Patrick
Sien
6 posters

Langkawi Tips

Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Langkawi Tips Empty Langkawi Tips

Post  Sien Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:39 pm

Shopping for duty free chocolates in Langkawi, I think is a good place to shop since it is within walking distance from Berjaya Langkawai SPA resort at the Oriental Village Duty Free Shop at the corner infront of the village entrance.

Btw, anyone knows of a good seafood restaurant with reasonable prices in Langkawi?
    Patrick
    Patrick
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Langkawi Tips Empty Eating Out in Langkawi

Post  Patrick Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:18 pm

Try Weng Fung, 26 Kompleks Cayman, Jln Penarak, Kuah. Tel: 04 9666287.

The other place is not a restaurant but located Lot 180, Pusat Perniagaan Kelana Mas, Kuah. The Stall is called Wonderland Food Store and is quite a favourite amongst the local and also tourists. Only open after about 7pm.

The other place I like is to dine at the Telaga Harbour outlets. They are reasonably priced. I particularly like the Russian Restaurant. Very nice ambience in the evening and early morning. Razz
    serene
    serene
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Langkawi Tips Empty Re: Langkawi Tips

Post  serene Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:53 am

Any tips on car rental ?
    Lion King
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  Lion King Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:54 pm

serene wrote:Any tips on car rental ?

don't, just get taxi

waste of money.
    i thought I will have a decent car since cars are tax free, but was given a proton saga with broken stereo, 1 setting for aircon ie full blast. some windows didnt work, it broke down once but luckily the island is small, the man came to rescue quickly.

but driving at night with no head lamps was very exhilarating. couldnt even c my own hands. was tht dark.
    sienna
    sienna
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  sienna Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:12 pm

any tips on how much money to bring? we are planning to stay there for 5days, planning to visit some beaches and of course shopping and eating around town.
    serene
    serene
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  serene Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:39 pm

back from langkawi.

got car (proton saga) at about rm105 per day, quoted online by the famous car rental company.

at airport, 60% discount etc, come to about RM60-Rm80 per day for proton saga.

Outside airport, ppl offered rm60 for old wira, rm70 for Myvi....

So, for long stay, yes, taxi better. Yet, the resort provide free shutter. (but it was available during puasa month.)

dwoon
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  dwoon Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi Serene,

I'll be there in 2 weeks time and have not yet settled the car rental.

Can you advise which company you booked the car with, and the exact amount you had to pay for it. I don't want to be taken for a ride by them.

Thanks

serene wrote:back from langkawi.

got car (proton saga) at about rm105 per day, quoted online by the famous car rental company.

at airport, 60% discount etc, come to about RM60-Rm80 per day for proton saga.

Outside airport, ppl offered rm60 for old wira, rm70 for Myvi....

So, for long stay, yes, taxi better. Yet, the resort provide free shutter. (but it was available during puasa month.)

dwoon
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  dwoon Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi Sien,

Do you have any idea whether there's any reception for DIGI telco services at the resort? (In particular the BVC allocated rooms)

I'm hoping there is so that I can get their 3G services and tether to the notebook. Saves the hassle having to go to the reception area for the free internet. (if its even working)

or anyone has some feedback regarding this?

Thanks for the assistance.

Sien wrote:Shopping for duty free chocolates in Langkawi, I think is a good place to shop since it is within walking distance from Berjaya Langkawai SPA resort at the Oriental Village Duty Free Shop at the corner infront of the village entrance.

Btw, anyone knows of a good seafood restaurant with reasonable prices in Langkawi?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content