Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

A liaison Forum between BVC members and Berjaya Vacation Club management to voice out issues to protect common interest for both parties.

+8
serene
chaiwh
KEE
dwoon
Stan
tanml
LuckySkunk
Sien
12 posters

Liaison Committee

Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Liaison Committee Empty Liaison Committee

Post  Sien Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:01 pm

Patrick,
    I agree with your comments in your "BVCmembers" googles group. Dedicated members willing to do battle and contribute for the good of members should join the Liaison Committee(LC). I think one should not join the LC if one cannot be active or join for other reasons best known to the person.

LC needs a new approach that is different from the past, otherwise like what CHAN said all proposals will bounce off against the wall. We need to think strategically to effect change don't you agree?
    LuckySkunk
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Liaison Committee Empty Thank you

Post  LuckySkunk Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:26 am

I just want to take this opportunity to thank those who had stood forward before to take up this job. I never knew there were people representing us and all is hopeless. So thank you for your time and effort. Although I'm not sure how effective it is (you know the chinese expression "Big snake crushing the little dead crab"?) but it's good to know that we have a team in their midst. KUDOS to y'all.
    Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Liaison Committee Empty BVC new booking guidelines

Post  Sien Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:24 pm

I haved posted my summary of the LC comments regarding BVC new booking guidelines under Liaison Committee Minutes in our BVC Liaison website and invite direct feedback and comments from the members so that the Liaison committee can bring it up to BVC management.

Sien
    tanml
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Liaison Committee Empty Re: Liaison Committee

Post  tanml Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:42 pm

Are you a lawyer by profession? I think someone said that already - you should be one.
    Agree with you on the proposed cancellation window and also allow members to book way in advance than only 3 months. This, hopefully, will help with hoarding.
    On a side note, the room allocations to member ratio is bad, causing difficulty to get book.
    Stan
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  Stan Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:18 am

Hello Sien, Thank you so much for your hard work. It's really not easy for anyone to sit down and think/plough through such deep issues and taking up so much time to write such a long analytical comment. I hope other members do their part to come out and voice their support to the LC - as I always say, this is the least we can do. I believe you ought to know whether your communication is really reaching us or not and this is one way to respond and tell you that yes, we know what you are doing.

Anyway, I want to say that I fully agree with the proposed cancellation window and also for the sake of transparency, (1) that the rooms inventory availability should be transparent to all members and (2) members should be able to see the list of membership numbers who have booked a particular date.

Sien, I wonder if it's too much to ask (you have done so much work already) whether someone can summarise (list down)the key concerns and proposals so that we can easily read what they are. Cos I think I sometimes get lost in navigating through the "forest" of your letter. Hope you dont mind. tongue
    tanml
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  tanml Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:16 pm

I am not that updated, but when is the next LC meeting?
    Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Liaison Committee Empty New Booking Guideline feedback requested

Post  Sien Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:02 pm

Next LC meeting is Dec 10, Thursday and subsequently every two months later. Feedback from members will enable the LC to discuss it at the LC meetings.

For now, we need feedback from members regarding two key issues:
    1) New booking guideline cancellation period of 1 week or even 3 weeks from booking date is as good as taking away the cancellation period since it is too far away from the date of commencement of holiday, isn't it?

Unforeseen circumstances can crop up and members may require to cancel and rebook. Current cancellation period is 14 days from commencement date of holiday. Would 30 days cancellation period from commencement date of holiday fair to members and provide sufficient time for other members to take up the canceled rooms?

2)In what ways would members feel happy and see that the booking of rooms is being transparent?

Sien
    dwoon
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  dwoon Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:39 pm

I actually put a thread in the old goggle forum. I'll just cut and paste here the gist of my feedback.

I see that the new booking guidelines are out. This is a positive sign of more equity amongst members in terms of booking.... and hopefully, alleviate the crunch of rooms shortage which is constantly encountered in the current system.

My take is this. Let's give it a try. I'm willing to take the risk of forfeiture of booked rooms due to changes in our personal schedules.(at least that is due to our own unforeseen circumstances rather than not being able to book at all due to room unavailability)

Some clarifications on the terms though. What is meant by "date of confirmation"? Is this the date on which the booking is made?

Just a suggestion to sorta lessen the harshness of the cancellation terms. Would it be possible for someone else to go on our behalf, should members not be able to make the dates? (i.e. the membership card needs to be with the family or friends who turn up at the hotel/
    resort. This is to show that people who turn up in place of the members are legitimate family/friends. Also, they would need a signed authorisation from the member to acknowledge it.)

of course the friends/family turning up would also need to have the original booking slip that was sent to the member. And perhaps to make it a win-win situation for club & member.... perhaps an administration fee of say RM100 be imposed (regardless of number of days booked) and payable at the hotel/resort upon checking in?

For you item #1 which you asked for feedback. 30 days from commencement date might not be an effective method. For someone to book 1 year in advance and then have 11 months to hog the booked dates, only to give up at the 11th hour, would be unfair for others. Rather, I feel that the cancellation period needs to be taken from the time of booking. Eg. 2 weeks to up to 3 months booking (no cancellation allowed). For 3 to up to 6 months booking (cancellation window to be 1 month from the date of booking). For 6 to up to 9 months advance booking (cancellation is 2 months from date of booking). For 9 to up to 12 months advance booking.( cancellation is 3 months from date of booking).

This is to give sufficient time for others who didn't manage to get the initial dates, sufficient lead time to plan and book these dates that are given up.

Another suggestion (which is actually practised in my other timeshare). The further the advance booking dates, the larger the number of days is necessary to book. Eg. for 3 to 6 months window, minimum booking of 4 days. 6 to 9 months window, minimum booking of 6 days. Anything above 9 months, minimum 7 days. This is to avoid people who book way in advance of 1 day here & there just for some short hols, but in the process, denies others that actually take the effort to plan & book for a long stretch. Yes, some members might not be happy with this... but hey, the advance booking feature must come with its conditions. (else it defeats the purpose and just opens a flood gate for hoarders to make matters worse)

This minimum booking based on the advance booking window will compliment the cancellation schedules. So not only is it necessary to book a longer stretch the further in advance, members will also need to make sure they have made plans for it, else they'll have to give up the slots for others or have it forefeited when past the cancellation window.

To limit the abuse of this system, members are only allowed 1 time cancellation within a year. (regardless of the number of days the booking was for) This is to ensure members take their bookings seriously and not hoard when they are unsure or have not actually planned for the holidays at all. (book first, then plan later sorta attitude)

Yes, it might be a whole lot of rules and restrictions.... but let me assure you that it is effective.

Sien, if you should need a copy of my other timeshare regulations as a general guide, do let me know and I will send to you for your reference. (please note that it is not for public distribution and I trust that you will limit its circulation to only within the LC, to serve as a guide)
    Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Liaison Committee Empty BVC Liaison Committee Minutes 6th Oct 2009

Post  Sien Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:35 pm

BTW, Woon thank you again for the booking guidelines of the other vacation club.

For purpose of transparency, the 1st BVC Liaison Committee Minutes 2009/10 is now uploaded and available for viewing at our BVC Liaison website. Just google this website.

BVC members are welcome to comment and provide further feedback.

Sien
    KEE
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Liaison Committee Empty what would make members happy

Post  KEE Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:19 am

i would be happy if i can get a refund and BVC stops all this !! i was an idiot and nobody should continue to be fooled !! i can sell BVC membership for half the price on the terms and conditions as BVC : which is complete discretion on my part as to the availability of the rooms, all i need is to answer " sorry no rooms available ", on such terms and conditions, i can sell for half the price ! and many out there are still being fooled !! many MLM , cepat kaya schemes are stupid not to learn from BVC, be legal , form a liason committee, discuss issues, hold meetings, make it look professional, and when it comes to booking , " sorry no room available !!
    chaiwh
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Liaison Committee Empty Can' make another booking until recent booking is Utilise?

Post  chaiwh Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:42 pm

I'm not sure is this rules being writen some way before or this is a new rules implement this jan 2010 without black and white.
    My recent booking encounter this "not make sense" rules.

I make a booking in this school 25/03 till 28/03 to redang.
    The booking is confirm.

When i try to book my another holiday on labour day after few day, the reservation staff told me i can't make any booking until i have utilise the redang booking, which means in another word after 28/03.

Now with this new guideline, i can't cancel because is less than 90 days.
    I can't make another reservation either.
    How am i going to plan my holiday?
    Because if i don't make reservation early i will end up "no room available".

But the funny thing is, according to the reservation staff.
    I can make another booking before 25/03.

Which means, i should make my reservation from backward.
    OMG. the rules is so ridiculous.

i hope you guy bring this issue in the next meeting.
    serene
    serene
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Liaison Committee Empty online booking system

Post  serene Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:51 am

Perhaps can have another forum on the online booking system.

Anyway, I have the same problem as I had booked advanced a holiday in peak season that it stop me for booking any other date in peak season.

However, I believe this is a fair system as the rooms allocation is very little compare to over 10,000 members.

thus the only solution is that BVC should allocate number or rooms which is justifiable for the huge number of members.

As for the online booking system, it should open rooms under peak season but unbooked last minute (may be 1 month) to all members (including those already booked a peak season holiday).

cheers.
    Lion King
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  Lion King Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:20 pm

need more rooms definitely.

this may not be ideal, but perhaps some rooms are to be put on reserve list during peak seasons and can only be booked say 1-2 weeks prior to check-in, this gve some hope for late 'booker' like me.

perhaps each should be given a 1 priority pass per year tht we can use to prioritise our booking, to ensure tht those who utilise this pass will hav an increased chance of booking.

but again need more rooms definitely.

ps i wonder if BVC can provide us a break down as to how many bookings are made and what percentage of this bookings were successful.

kam cia
    Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Post  Sien Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:29 pm

Liaison Committee who are also BVC members are doing their best to address the concerns of fellow members- we are all in the same boat. It is important you read the following letter written by LC Chairman on behalf of Liaison
    Committee to Trustee and BVC Board of Directors and Minister of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism:
    BVC LC Vote of No Confidence against Trustee

And remember to share your views.
    cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Post  cheowhin Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:25 am

Sien wrote:Liaison Committee who are also BVC members are doing their best to address the concerns of fellow members- we are all in the same boat. It is important you read the following letter written by LC Chairman on behalf of Liaison
    Committee to Trustee and BVC Board of Directors and Minister of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism:
    BVC LC Vote of No Confidence against Trustee

And remember to share your views.

First of all, thanks to all LC members for their hardwork going against unscrupulous BVC.

From the letter, it seems like the Trustees aren't doing their job and are trying to bulldoze through. Seems like the trustees are more to the side of BVC rather than doing their job in providing Fairness and Justice.

Since Trustees(TT)are saying the management fees is justified BUT doesn't seem to want to provide the exact figures to LC members to check breakdown of expenses made during the year.

Please do vote to sack off this TT and do not show any mercy on them as they are the one not doing the job after being so many times requesting the justification of the increase of AMF.
    Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Liaison Committee Empty Latest updates on reply to Trustee's Letters and MOTION for AGM

Post  Sien Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:19 pm

Please read the latest Updates and Reply to Trustee's recent letters and MOTION for coming AGM to protect our Interests and Rights.
    arisu
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  arisu Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:04 pm

well done sien. my kuos to u
    KEE
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Liaison Committee Empty follow the law?

Post  KEE Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:21 pm

Sien is a good guy trying to solve BVC problems by following the law and rules, but i wish to say that BVC is not an organisation we should be talking law with, i wouldnt deal with them, just like if some lawyer is out to cheat, you are wasting time to deal with him for he will cover himself with all the fine prints, i rather deal with honest people . written contracts are meant to prevent misunderstandings only not meant to protect oneself only, it is meant to protect BOTH parties !!
    sue them and liquidate the company, let's share the cost and get back our money !
    edwardhck
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  edwardhck Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:38 pm

yes, Let's sue Berjaya and Vincent Tan. My wish is not getting back the money but to vent my anger.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 pm