Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

A liaison Forum between BVC members and Berjaya Vacation Club management to voice out issues to protect common interest for both parties.

+10
alexyap
kengkiat
wkeelou
Goon
phl
jackelng
Sien
elvinhee
kongwo
wayne_loh
14 posters

Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!!

wayne_loh
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!! Empty Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!!

Post  wayne_loh Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:36 pm

I just really feel fedup with this BVC new reservation guideline that a BVC officer told me today (after I managed to call them for whole day) now we are limited to make only one booking on one peak-season days within 3 months.

Means, if now we already made a booking on one of the peak-season day (fri-sat, school holiday) on July2010, then we can't make any other booking on another peak-season day on July/Aug/Sept2010. Mad Mad

* but this not limited to affiliated hotels and weekdays (so called non-peak season days)

I would like to know if this reservation Guideline is true and i really wish to gather more members contact so that we can rise our voice to the BVC management. I don't feel this kind of reservation guideline make us more enjoy and relax for our holiday plan. I felt so frust about this especially call their 21169999 now is always 'busy' and even can get throught but they can't help us.

I still have lot of thing to say but before that I would like to creat this forum topic to gather more voice from other BVC member's frustion.

Let's form a force to give some pressure to them. We can't really just sit here and let them press us, as we already paid such a big amount (to me is big amount) for the membership but end up we deserve this kind of treat and service ? and furthermore now the Annual Maintenance Fee is incresed to Rm300. !!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Pls add me in MSN (wayneloh72@gmailcom), skype & YM (dr_web72), or even contact me 016 335 4481. Let's see what we can do.

kongwo
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!! Empty Re: Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!!

Post  kongwo Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:30 pm

I support your move to form a force. Being member of more than 8 years, we feel that these membership is very embrassing us knowing a lot of unhappiness issues on booking problem, struggle among members to book rooms, quality of resort (Meranti Park Sad ), increase of members fee without upgrading of management, etc.

Regards,
    kongwo@gmail.com

wayne_loh wrote:I just really feel fedup with this BVC new reservation guideline that a BVC officer told me today (after I managed to call them for whole day) now we are limited to make only one booking on one peak-season days within 3 months.

Means, if now we already made a booking on one of the peak-season day (fri-sat, school holiday) on July2010, then we can't make any other booking on another peak-season day on July/Aug/Sept2010. Mad Mad

* but this not limited to affiliated hotels and weekdays (so called non-peak season days)

I would like to know if this reservation Guideline is true and i really wish to gather more members contact so that we can rise our voice to the BVC management. I don't feel this kind of reservation guideline make us more enjoy and relax for our holiday plan. I felt so frust about this especially call their 21169999 now is always 'busy' and even can get throught but they can't help us.

I still have lot of thing to say but before that I would like to creat this forum topic to gather more voice from other BVC member's frustion.

Let's form a force to give some pressure to them. We can't really just sit here and let them press us, as we already paid such a big amount (to me is big amount) for the membership but end up we deserve this kind of treat and service ? and furthermore now the Annual Maintenance Fee is incresed to Rm300. !!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Pls add me in MSN (wayneloh72@gmailcom), skype & YM (dr_web72), or even contact me 016 335 4481. Let's see what we can do.

elvinhee
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!! Empty Re: Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!!

Post  elvinhee Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:15 pm

i face the same problem too. i need to clear 6 days by this year .. so meaning me and my wife and my kids have to take leave and skip school to use BVC entitlement. this is too much.

when i sign up the membership .. there is NO such rules that the main reason i sign up as compare to other time share company.

we need to do something as clearly the BCV management are ignoring the complaint from this forum. ( this forum are not link to their official site )

agree .. we need to team up.

Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!! Empty Feedback and Comments on new BVC Booking Guideline from LC Chairman.

Post  Sien Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:01 pm

Wayne, Did you read Feedback and Comments on New BVC Booking Guideline from LC Chairman.
    The more members comment and give their views, BVC LC (Liaison Committee)will have to highlight it to BVC management. Suggest you guys also read other documents such as LC minutes uploaded to our BVC Liaison website and share your views.
    jackelng
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  jackelng Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:27 pm

Me face same problem, just call up scold them...
    They thought we free all the time can book on weekdays .. We just can rest on Fri - Sun, but this consider peak season.
    Peak season is on school holiday, public holiday, not fri - Sat.
    Now room getting less, so many destination cacelled. Member benefit so less... no point to have it!

elvinhee
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  elvinhee Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:24 pm

understand from them is once i book a hotel during peak season , i can't make any other booking on peak season until i check out from that booking.

meaning : if i book a room 6 month in advance that also mean i can't make any peak season booking before and after .. until i check out from that hotel ... what kind of reservation is this ? it does not benefit the member at all.
    elvinhee
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  elvinhee Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:32 pm

) BVC Home Hotels & Resorts (Inventories)
    Advance reservation is open on a daily basis up to a maximum period of 365 days before the intended check-in dates.
    (For example: Reservation made on 1st September 2009, booking is open for reservation to 31st August 2010 with the flexibility to allow the check-out dates exceed to the 7th day of the maximum booking period of 365 days, i.e. the latest check-out date allowed will be on or before 7th September 2010)

For eve of Public Holiday / Public Holidays / School Holidays / Weekend Bookings:
    - Strictly conform to the room entitlement of the membership type.
    (Esteem 2 rooms & Executive / Access 1 room)
    - Only One booking is allowed (i.e. can only hold 1 booking during Peak Period).
    - Maximum 3 nights stays.

advice : don't ever book in advance .. example if book 1 year in advance as stated in above then you can't book the rest of the peak season on that year until you check out ..

phl
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  phl Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:08 pm

I also face the same problem like most of you. I need to clear 7 nights for this year. But with the weekend classified as peak season, I have to take leave and my kids have to skip school just to utilise my BVC entitlement, further more I can only go for those place still have rooms. Seems our membership now is we have to take whatever rooms left, we cannot choose our desire places, what kind of membership!!

Now with the new guideline that we can only hold one booking for a peak season, so better don't book too early, but the problem is if I book 1 month before let say, most of the rooms are fully booked especially those popular places like Langkawi (Langkawi rooms are all fully booked from now until end December'10). So how??

The "bottle neck" here is the rooms for home resort are too little for so many members. I hope the LC can fight for us for more rooms.
    Goon
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  Goon Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:55 pm

I 100% agree with you all. This is kind of rediculour rules that only can make next booking after checkout from the current booking. That is totally not convenient at all. On top of that, they have increased the maintenance fees to 300+ per year. However, what are the services that they have provided ?

btw, there is once I argued with the booking assitant through email, on "under which rules stated that we cannot make booking before checkout from the current booking?". Unfortunately there is no further follow-up email from Berjaya. How disappointed.
    wayne_loh
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!! Empty What we can do ??

Post  wayne_loh Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:27 pm

Dear all, I'm glad to see some feedback of my post here. I'm sure everyone of us really frustrated about BVC. But by just putting our frustration at here will not change anything, so the purpose i put on this post is trying to gather more voices and more contacts from the members. I really wish we can form a committee by ourself here, but nothing can be changed too if we are not dare to stand infront to against them. May be eventually BVC will still just ignore our voice but at least we can alert to nationwide not to purchase this BVC packages.

Whoever willing to stand beside me , pls email me your contact. I really hope we can meet up and discuss what we can do next instead of keep suffering the pressure from BVC.

So far I have a few responded to me but I would like to gather more. So are you with me now ??
    wayne_loh
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!! Empty Feedback and Comments on New BVC Booking Guideline from LC Chairman

Post  wayne_loh Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:20 am

Sien wrote:Wayne, Did you read Feedback and Comments on New BVC Booking Guideline from LC Chairman.
    The more members comment and give their views, BVC LC (Liaison Committee)will have to highlight it to BVC management. Suggest you guys also read other documents such as LC minutes uploaded to our BVC Liaison website and share your views.

Hi Sien, seems you started something toward BVC management year ago. Was there any impact to the BVC management so far ? seems we depends on BVC LC , but will BVC LC really works ? seems the AMF still keep rising every 2-3 years. shall we and how we reform our force again toward BVC management ? shall we all have a meet up someday ? what do u think ? I really cant sit here and let them keep pressing us.

What we really can do physically beside sitting here posting our voice ?
    wkeelou
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  wkeelou Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:19 pm

I am strongly agree with all of you. The new rules from BVC management are unfair to us as comsumer. We should be a team & voice out our concern to BVC management.

Here, I will strongly support the plan or action that protect our benefit. If any action plan been carried out, pls alert me. My email address is wkeelou@yahoo.com. This email is also link to facebook.

wkeelou
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!! Empty Propose Solution

Post  wkeelou Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:34 pm

We have too little members in BVC liaison committee. We need to gather more support & alert from public. Now a day, facebook is the very powerful online social networking. It will help to gather more BVC members to support our concern.

Anyone has better idea?
    kengkiat
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  kengkiat Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:51 pm

I have a e-mail list of BVC member (maybe more than 200 e-mail I have).
    alexyap
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  alexyap Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:57 pm

Yes. I strongly agree with all of you.
    For local Home Resort we can't book more then 1 room during peak season i.e can only book on Sunday till Thursday. Therefore, like one of the member said we need to skip schools and work.

This Vacation plan is really not giving us the leisure of travel but hazzel on travelling !!

Please keep me posted if you guys is taking any action.

-alexyap@yahoo.com

Join Black List BVC at Facebook !
    phl
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  phl Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:09 am

Just noticed that the number of unit for some of the hotel/resort room is actually less than what BVC published, not sure you guys have notice that. You can go to the Room Availability in online reservation system to check.

1. Berjaya Langkawi Resort. BVC said 10 units, actual is 9 units.
    2. Berjaya Tioman Resort. BVC said 39 units, actual is 32 units.
    3. KL Plaza Suites (1 room). BVC said 34 unit, actual is 28 units.

I just listed few here, most of the hotel/resort rooms are less in actual. Is BVC reduce the room quitely??
    Lion King
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  Lion King Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:05 pm

ok, let take a few steps back and look at the situation.

I wonder how the system had been abused by many others.
    I too was having trouble making successful bookings, usually on bookings made a few weeks in advance, I mean how many will know when they can take time off unless you are talking public/school holidays.

I have tried to call up a few days b4 the dates I wanted to travel and luckily sometime I hit jackpot as some decided to cancel.

for me, I am not tht bothered if I don get the dates of my choice, I however am bothered by the fact tht all BVC resorts are not properly maintained, some are in desperate need of major renovations.

also, I feel very unfair that weekends are considered as 'peak season'. i mean COME ON!!
    wkeelou
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  wkeelou Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:31 pm

Lion King wrote:ok, let take a few steps back and look at the situation.

I wonder how the system had been abused by many others.
    I too was having trouble making successful bookings, usually on bookings made a few weeks in advance, I mean how many will know when they can take time off unless you are talking public/school holidays.

I have tried to call up a few days b4 the dates I wanted to travel and luckily sometime I hit jackpot as some decided to cancel.

for me, I am not tht bothered if I don get the dates of my choice, I however am bothered by the fact tht all BVC resorts are not properly maintained, some are in desperate need of major renovations.

also, I feel very unfair that weekends are considered as 'peak season'. i mean COME ON!!

I had make a complaint about the peak season period to BVC and the reply is that the peak season period is suggested by Liaison Committee Member. May be someone can verify that the implementation of peak season period is the suggestion from Liaison Committee Member.
    Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!! Empty LC Chairman reply

Post  Sien Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Hi guys,

We all share the same concerns. As your LC Chairman for the one year 2009/2010, we as Liaison Committee are doing our best to address the concerns and please read the IMPORTANT LETTER besides other information in our BVC Liaison website:
    BVC LC No Confidence Vote against Trustee

For those active members here, I strongly suggest you join the Liaison Committee for year 2010/2011 and further map out strategy what to do next to address the concerns.In the meantime, I suggest you inform your other friends who are members of BVC to read the letter posted on the website and also copy and paste the website link to any other related sites you know. It's time for ACTION. Unity is Strength.
    rargee
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!! Empty Unsuccessful bookings/ complaints and disappointments

Post  rargee Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:11 pm

For me 110% agreed with you all.
    Dah la yearly service increase and also membership keep going up, but recently all the booking always rejected....

Please count me in if any action taken.

"Maybe withdraw from the membership? get full refund?"
    rargee
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!! Empty Unsuccessful bookings/ complaints and disappointments

Post  rargee Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:04 am

I think this is a really Hot Topics. Same with you all that I have been a member for about 10 years. For a first few years it seems a bit Ok, but nowadays always got rejected of bookings. They force me to pay Annual Maintenance if I want to continue booking, but for this year only 1 approved vacations I've got. This is not fair to others that pay maintenance fees and got many approved bookings.

Did our members reported to any Kementerian Perdagangan or Persatuan Pengguna or Aduan Rakyat etc...

We better get together...
    wayne_loh
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Fed-up with the new BVC reservation guideline !!! Empty Voice Gathering ...

Post  wayne_loh Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:25 pm

kengkiat wrote:I have a e-mail list of BVC member (maybe more than 200 e-mail I have).

Hi Kengkiat, would u share your email address ?

to other members,
    has been long silence on Forum due to busy work and lately the Redang resort cancellation really make us fedup again.

I'm actually trying to put everyone in email loop so that every voice can be heard in short time since not everyone of us access this forum so often. so pls email me your email address that we can share our voice together and discuss what is the way forward of against BVC unfair treat...

wayneloh72@gmail.com

bob_ns
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  bob_ns Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:07 am

wayne_loh wrote:Dear all, I'm glad to see some feedback of my post here. I'm sure everyone of us really frustrated about BVC. But by just putting our frustration at here will not change anything, so the purpose i put on this post is trying to gather more voices and more contacts from the members. I really wish we can form a committee by ourself here, but nothing can be changed too if we are not dare to stand infront to against them. May be eventually BVC will still just ignore our voice but at least we can alert to nationwide not to purchase this BVC packages.

Whoever willing to stand beside me , pls email me your contact. I really hope we can meet up and discuss what we can do next instead of keep suffering the pressure from BVC.

So far I have a few responded to me but I would like to gather more. So are you with me now ??

yes...my contact 0129274940
    wayne_loh
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  wayne_loh Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:14 pm

bob_ns wrote:
    wayne_loh wrote:Dear all, I'm glad to see some feedback of my post here. I'm sure everyone of us really frustrated about BVC. But by just putting our frustration at here will not change anything, so the purpose i put on this post is trying to gather more voices and more contacts from the members. I really wish we can form a committee by ourself here, but nothing can be changed too if we are not dare to stand infront to against them. May be eventually BVC will still just ignore our voice but at least we can alert to nationwide not to purchase this BVC packages.

yes...my contact 0129274940

can give me your email ?
    skkhoo
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  skkhoo Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:44 pm

I am facing the same problem with BVC club.
    I plan to bring my parents, kids total in 8 persons to Penang this coming holiday.

But, I can noly book 2 rooms!

How about others?
    Where are they going to stay?

The BVC customer service advice me to book other hotel to stay.

Any Facebook to anti BVC?
    Any action?
    I want to join.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:05 pm