Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

A liaison Forum between BVC members and Berjaya Vacation Club management to voice out issues to protect common interest for both parties.

+8
Sien
Unfair
SB
jemang
ckeen
dwoon
cheowhin
gracew
12 posters

Unutilised days

gracew
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Unutilised days Empty Unutilised days

Post  gracew Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:54 pm

Hi,

I've been forfeiting my 14 days each year for the past maybe 7 years.

Can there be arrangement made whereby my days are converted to maintenace fees ? It's also dollars and cents for my entitlement.
    Since they also reduced the number of resorts, why are not also decrease maintenance fees ? Now charging us some more for Berjaya Eden. Ridiculous ! Even I book online, other hotels also cheaper.

Reason for not using BVC resorts are I only can go on holidays when it's school holidays and it's always full. For overseas destinations, it's so much cheaper booking online for other hotels ie. laterooms, asiarooms.

One of the selling points was hotel accomodation cost would increase each year but it is not so as it's very competitive these days.

What's the point of keeping the membership and having to pay annual maintenance fee ?

Also cannot sell off......can sell back to Berjaya ?

Any one interested to buy ?
    cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Unutilised days Empty Re: Unutilised days

Post  cheowhin Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:58 pm

I've also in the same situation as you.

Since the 1st year used up since i've joined, I have been forfeiting it every year. I'm in dilemma.

Hopefully, there is an option whereby the members can quit the membership with his/her money refunded upon few years of non-utilisation of the entitlement.
    dwoon
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  dwoon Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:27 pm

I think the club can buy back the membership..... but at its own terms which is very dis-advantages to the members giving it up.

I won't be surprised the value to be less than 50% of what you bought. Could be even no value if say 10 or more years old membership.

There are also transfer fees, etc..... even when selling back to Berjaya. End up very little value or even negative asset. Rolling Eyes

I would recommend you to start using your entitlements. Don't be lazy, do your planning to go outside of the school holidays. (There's long weekends of 3 or 4 nights). New booking system allows you to plan months in advance (1 year booking window).... so you cannot say no room availability.... just becomes personal inflexibility. (sorry if I don't sound too sympathetic)
    gracew
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  gracew Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:24 am

Yes, planning is very important. I'd normally plan a year ahead if possible and also 'guess' when school holidays will likely to be the following year based on past years' records.

The thing is with teenagers, how often can we re-visit the same resorts within M'sia time and again and how many are there now ? We've been to Berjaya Eden, London, KK (think now the KK one also sold), Georgetown, Tioman, PD (numerous times), Bukit Tinggi (numerous times, both Colmar and the Golf resort), Camerons (numerous times) and even stayed in Berjaya Times Square and KLP even though we are local here. What is left for me now is to plan for Langkawi and Redang, that's all.

And we used to at least be able to make use of the pool at KLP every weekend and then it's been taken off.

Perhaps they can come up with a system whereby we can sell our days to other members who require more days. I used to grant the less priviledged or friends free stay or for a small fee (at least to cover maintenance fee) but now there's a surcharge for guest booking if I'm not wrong so it's just not worth all the trouble and have to fork put extra.
    cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Post  cheowhin Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:08 am

dwoon wrote:I think the club can buy back the membership..... but at its own terms which is very dis-advantages to the members giving it up.

I won't be surprised the value to be less than 50% of what you bought. Could be even no value if say 10 or more years old membership.

There are also transfer fees, etc..... even when selling back to Berjaya. End up very little value or even negative asset. Rolling Eyes

I would recommend you to start using your entitlements. Don't be lazy, do your planning to go outside of the school holidays. (There's long weekends of 3 or 4 nights). New booking system allows you to plan months in advance (1 year booking window).... so you cannot say no room availability.... just becomes personal inflexibility. (sorry if I don't sound too sympathetic)

As viewing the case by FKK, I've noted that the calculation by BVC is absurd, I rather have it burn currently just in case when the things go to Court, they won't be able to claim much from me in which I think the price for the hotel is not up to par at all.

Though I should bear part of responsibility for not utilizing it but still, note the calculation by BVC as stated by Mr. Mak (as witness) in which he already used BVC for 10 years, if he where to claim, means that he not only lost its membership but also need to pay BVC at a high cost.
    http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxiZXJqYXlhdmFjYXRpb25jbHVibGlhaXNvbnxneDoyZTcwYzhjY2ZhZmQzYTcy
    (Clause 20)

As long as BVC doesn't initiate the transparency and also the members' login system. I don't think I'm going to utilise my entitlement for the time being.

Sorry for my stubbornness as I'm so sad parting with my RM 38k (in which I still have to pay maintenance fees every year).
    gracew
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  gracew Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:02 pm

Even if I want to write-off this 'investment', I still pay the maintenance as stipulated in agreement ....so that I can get back 20k when it expires.

It's like I've given BVC a 20k loan (as it's fully paid up already) and also paying them interest on top of it (maintenance fees) so in the end still on losing end.

So they are using my money to roll and still making from me....unbelievable.

I've tried to defer maintenance for many years but in the end settled them with interest payment as well (even though discounted) as I would perceive that by the end of my agreement they will deduct what I owe plus interest which would be even worst. Maybe in the end still have to pay them back after getting the 20k refund.

what to do ? It was really a bad 'investment'.
    ckeen
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  ckeen Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:12 am

maaf saya tak tahu nak tulis dalam b.i, tetapi saya pun menyesal menjadi ahli club bvc..setakat ini baru masuk tahun ke4 tetapi cukup membebankan...dengan montly fees dan maintenance fee... nak guna entitlement pun tak tahu nak ke mana, lagipun masih banyak pakej yang lagi murah dan menarik selain berjaya resort, malah disertakan pengangkutan sekali..
    saya setuju jika entitlement ditukarkan kepada bayaran ahli. Saya juga bersetuju jika ahli hendak berhenti, wang dipulangkan semula...nak tunggu 33 tahun lagi, entah sempat ke tidak...
    Sad
    jemang
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  jemang Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:38 pm

Ha ha ha... we are the victims of the worst scam in the world... BVC sucks.. always took me to cc my emails to vincent_tan, to news papers etc, then only they entertain my reservations. Now, with the new booking system.. it even worst..bodoh some more... ridiculous that we can only book once during peak seasons..kena tunggu pencen baru boleh pakai ini punya stupid package!....stupid..stupid... cant we sue them? or is there any action can be taken? Cmon guys..any lawyers outthere? I suggest we all should unite, write to newspapers, or even call Karam Sigh Walia...
    SB
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  SB Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:19 pm

I came across this forum by chance and am extremely surprised to know so many things are happening.

Like most of the members, I'm in a big rage after seeing this forum, and knowing that I'm not alone. I joined in July 2000 (RM10,000 Esteem membership), and have not utilise much of the rooms. I was even cheated of RM2k+ by a company who claim that they buy/sell memberships. I face similar problems, no rooms available, and I've also been wondering where's most of the resorts they used to have had gone to. I also realise that it's a big hassle to book, not to mention the cost and maintenance fees I have to pay.

After that incident, I've lost ALL trust in BVC and am in a big total loss as to what to do. Reading the comments makes me even more confusing as to what is happening, cos I'm not bothered to be in touch with the updates in BVC anymore.

I'd like to be kept in the loop on updates from your end and thanks so much for starting the forum. It gives me some idea on what's happening.

rgds,
    SB
    Unfair
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  Unfair Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:11 pm

I agree with all of you.
    Feel so trapped in this membership. When they sell, sounded so good ... but nowadays booking is almost impossible, and forfeit almost every year. The fewer and fewer resorts all the time. The affiliated ones are useless. I book online cheaper. Sigh ... how la
    Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Unutilised days Empty FKK Consumer Tribunal Claim calculation

Post  Sien Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Cheowhin, Perhaps, I share with you what I understand concerning the Tribunal case calculation. Concerning FKK case, the High Court judge granted judicial review in respect of the calculation- in other words, there is merit that the calculation need to be reviewed in terms of fairness. In the end, BVC settled the full amount as claimed by FKK. From what I understand, every Consumer Tribunal President decides the case independently of other President and not bound by other President's decision. The only way to find out whether my understanding is correct or not is to test it with a new case file in to the Consumer Tribunal. I am not suggesting you do it. By the way, I heard from the Consumer Tribunal Ministry, the President who decided on FKK case is now in another Ministry.
    serene
    serene
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  serene Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:36 am

Dear Mr. Sien,

may I ask if Mr. fun got back the 13k plus he requested or the 9k plus as awarded by court ?

regards.
    serene
    serene
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  serene Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:38 am

gracew wrote:Hi,

I've been forfeiting my 14 days each year for the past maybe 7 years.

Can there be arrangement made whereby my days are converted to maintenace fees ? It's also dollars and cents for my entitlement.
    Since they also reduced the number of resorts, why are not also decrease maintenance fees ? Now charging us some more for Berjaya Eden. Ridiculous ! Even I book online, other hotels also cheaper.

Reason for not using BVC resorts are I only can go on holidays when it's school holidays and it's always full. For overseas destinations, it's so much cheaper booking online for other hotels ie. laterooms, asiarooms.

One of the selling points was hotel accomodation cost would increase each year but it is not so as it's very competitive these days.

What's the point of keeping the membership and having to pay annual maintenance fee ?

Also cannot sell off......can sell back to Berjaya ?

Any one interested to buy ?

Hi, since you have not utilized much, I think you can claim back like Fun did. although i think the amount has not been fairly calculated.
    serene
    serene
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  serene Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:40 am

Unfair wrote:I agree with all of you.
    Feel so trapped in this membership. When they sell, sounded so good ... but nowadays booking is almost impossible, and forfeit almost every year. The fewer and fewer resorts all the time. The affiliated ones are useless. I book online cheaper. Sigh ... how la

Well, if you make a tribunal claim, you get back some money, but the amount is not really fair too....
    Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Post  Sien Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:14 pm

Suggest you read the latest comments regarding fairness of calculation under category Consumer Tribunal and the IMPORTANT Letter: :BVC LC Vote of No Confidence against trustee

This letter also commented on the fairness of calculation and will provide you with some new insights.
    sgloo77
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  sgloo77 Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:48 am

Hi!
    Anyone who able to book for me tis coming 12-Dec-2010 (Sat) for 2 rooms? Pls PM me!
    kemchua
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  kemchua Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:12 pm

I've also in the same situation as you.

Since the 1st year used up since i've joined, I have been forfeiting it every year. I'm in dilemma.

Hopefully, there is an option whereby the members can quit the membership with his/her money refunded upon few years of non-utilisation of the entitlement.

cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Post  cheowhin Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:36 pm

kemchua wrote:I've also in the same situation as you.

Rather than returning your money, you have to pay the for the maintenance fees yearly + they earned interest from taking money off you.
    wayne_loh
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Unutilised days Empty work around

Post  wayne_loh Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:07 pm

sgloo77 wrote:Hi!
    Anyone who able to book for me tis coming 12-Dec-2010 (Sat) for 2 rooms? Pls PM me!

hi, it will be good if anyone who need more rooms. we can share out.

wayneloh72@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content