Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

A liaison Forum between BVC members and Berjaya Vacation Club management to voice out issues to protect common interest for both parties.

+4
chuey_tan
wendylim
Patrick
Sien
8 posters

Payment for Cleaning Services, Toiletries etc at Berjaya Resorts and Hotels

Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Payment for Cleaning Services, Toiletries etc at Berjaya Resorts and Hotels Empty Payment for Cleaning Services, Toiletries etc at Berjaya Resorts and Hotels

Post  Sien Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:47 am

Can anyone confirm that is this practice of Berjaya charging cleaning services and toiletries still going on for Berjaya Members only?

It boggles my mind how a person can think of such things without thinking of the damage that can do to Berjaya's name.
    Patrick
    Patrick
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Payment for Cleaning Services, Toiletries etc at Berjaya Resorts and Hotels Empty Re: Payment for Cleaning Services, Toiletries etc at Berjaya Resorts and Hotels

Post  Patrick Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:39 pm

I stayed at Berjaya Georgetown end March. I had no problem and neither was there a charge for room cleaning service. To my mind, I think we cannot complain this further as there was never any circular. They can very well claim there was some miscommunication. Rgds.
    wendylim
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Payment for Cleaning Services, Toiletries etc at Berjaya Resorts and Hotels Empty Re: Payment for Cleaning Services, Toiletries etc at Berjaya Resorts and Hotels

Post  wendylim Mon May 11, 2009 11:06 pm

I just came back from Tioman, really felt so dissappointed to find out that they came out with the new policy that BVC members are to pay for room cleaning, toiletries, towels n etc...RIDICULOUS
    Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Post  Sien Thu May 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Hi Wendy,

Could you please let me know when was your trip to Tioman?

Rdgs

Sien
    wendylim
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  wendylim Thu May 14, 2009 7:28 pm

8 - 11 May
    chuey_tan
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  chuey_tan Mon May 18, 2009 11:26 pm

What?! We need to pay for the toiletries and cleaning service charges?! Our RM18,000 is so under-valued?! This is ridiculous! Could anyone in-charged please explain!
    Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Payment for Cleaning Services, Toiletries etc at Berjaya Resorts and Hotels Empty BVC''s Board member calling Sien

Post  Sien Thu May 21, 2009 1:03 am

FYI, one of the BVC's Board member called me on Tuesday and let me know they will reply my Letter to the BVC Board (my letter uploaded in our website) and also informed me to let BVC members know that officially this month management has written to the hotels and resorts not to charge for cleaning services,toiletries,ets. If any members have paid for it, they can write to BVC and claim back the payment. It appears BVC is now listening and let's wait for their reply.
    If you are interested in the reply, as a registered member the Forum can notify you automatically of any reply to the thread Letters to the Board/BVC management/Replies if you click " Action!" on the top right corner and select " Watch this topic".
    fazili74
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  fazili74 Wed May 27, 2009 2:13 pm

Waa good new, anyway if this not happen, i need to bring my own towel and toiletries la, pity me not exclusive at all , bikin malu tu my guest
    ngsuaneng
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Payment for Cleaning Services, Toiletries etc at Berjaya Resorts and Hotels Empty Housekeeping Charges

Post  ngsuaneng Fri May 29, 2009 4:42 pm

Are they going to give us a reply in black & white so that we can show to the hotel management in case they want to impose the charges when we check in? I was pleasantly surprised that when I booked Tioman Beach & Spa Resort (the better one, not the condotel)on 25 May, I was given a reply three days later confirming my booking. I wasn't hopeful and was almost giving up on booking the 4-star resorts like Langkawi Resort and Tioman Resort. Maybe they know who have been voicing their grievances on the internet.
    ngsuaneng
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Payment for Cleaning Services, Toiletries etc at Berjaya Resorts and Hotels Empty Tioman Surprise

Post  ngsuaneng Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:46 pm

I was not hopeful when I applied for Tioman Beach & Golf Resort recently but was pleasantly surprised to receive a confirmation email within 3 days. I just came back from the island. Everything was OK. They gave ample supply of toilet paper, tissues, toiletries etc. The towels were changed after 2 days for their green campaign so it was ok with me, as we could take out the beach towels everyday for our dive trips. I was given two adjoining rooms - 436/437, which were very close to the swimming pool and the cafe. In my prospectus, the 100 units at Tioman Beach Resort were supposed to be Rooms 312-399, and 412-423. I thought my rooms would be in this group and would be very sub-standard, but they were not, and were very good and clean!Maybe it is because I went during week days in a lull period? Nevertheless I was satisfied and hope the Berjaya Vacation Club management will remember their commitments to us. Keep it up, BVC.
    dwoon
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  dwoon Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:33 am

For the rooms, I noticed that they switched them around from last year.

We were given then 414 the previous year and it was on the left side of the pool. This year, I was given 416 and it was on the right side of the pool.

ngsuaneng wrote:I was not hopeful when I applied for Tioman Beach & Golf Resort recently but was pleasantly surprised to receive a confirmation email within 3 days. I just came back from the island. Everything was OK. They gave ample supply of toilet paper, tissues, toiletries etc. The towels were changed after 2 days for their green campaign so it was ok with me, as we could take out the beach towels everyday for our dive trips. I was given two adjoining rooms - 436/437, which were very close to the swimming pool and the cafe. In my prospectus, the 100 units at Tioman Beach Resort were supposed to be Rooms 312-399, and 412-423. I thought my rooms would be in this group and would be very sub-standard, but they were not, and were very good and clean!Maybe it is because I went during week days in a lull period? Nevertheless I was satisfied and hope the Berjaya Vacation Club management will remember their commitments to us. Keep it up, BVC.
    [center]
    LuckySkunk
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Payment for Cleaning Services, Toiletries etc at Berjaya Resorts and Hotels Empty It's silly

Post  LuckySkunk Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:18 am

Well, I got only this to say. It is silly that this surcharge thing came up in the first place. It's amazing how they can think of such a thing.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:05 pm