Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Berjaya Vacation Club Forum

A liaison Forum between BVC members and Berjaya Vacation Club management to voice out issues to protect common interest for both parties.

+7
cheowhin
fazili74
dwoon
Sien
Patrick
LuckySkunk
kkfun
11 posters

Consumer Tribunal Form 1 filed

cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Consumer Tribunal Form 1 filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Consumer Tribunal Form 1 filed

Post  cheowhin Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:50 am

Add On :-

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxiZXJqYXlhdmFjYXRpb25jbHVibGlhaXNvbnxneDoyZTcwYzhjY2ZhZmQzYTcy
    (Clause 13)

It's funny that the President stated that Mr. Fun is not a lawyer therefore he cannot lead him on the law. Aren't he forgetting that because the victims is not a lawyer, we based on what the sellers sold to us, its a verbal agreement. Aren't he telling us that those does not know how to read, should never sign anything at all without the explanation from the lawyer?

(Clause 16)
    President stated that BVC does not commit criminal offense. I was wondering aren't cheating is?

**Continuing on a later day
    kkfun
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Consumer Tribunal Form 1 filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Consumer Tribunal Form 1 filed

Post  kkfun Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:53 pm

Greeting,

BVC management has agreed to pay back the amount claimed in my judicial review out of court. Since a settlement has been made, the judicial review request has been withdrawn and I consider my case closed.

I would like to say many thanks to fellow members who have been a great help and supportive in my case; this includes many members that are in the current LC committee.

With the current LC line up, I do believe BVC will take a turn for the better; even if it is one step at a time.

Do keep in touch.

Thanks,
    FunKK
    Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Consumer Tribunal Form 1 filed - Page 2 Empty FKK Consumer Tribunal Claim calculation

Post  Sien Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:46 pm

I am glad FKK got back in full what he claimed as per the Trust Deed calculation.

Perhaps, I share with you guys what I understand concerning the Tribunal case calculation. Concerning FKK case, the High Court judge granted judicial review in respect of the calculation- in other words, there is merit that the calculation need to be reviewed in terms of fairness. In the end, as Fun said, BVC settled the full amount as claimed by him. From what I understand, every Consumer Tribunal President decides the case independently of other President and not bound by other President's decision. The only way to find out whether my understanding is correct or not is to test it with a new case file in to the Consumer Tribunal. I am not suggesting you guys do it. By the way, I heard from the Consumer Tribunal Ministry, the President who decided on FKK case is now in another Ministry.
    serene
    serene
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  serene Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:32 am

Hi, I just aware of this case today, and have quickly run through the docs etc, that I may have missed many points. Please correct me if I am wrong...

the final of the case is that Fun is getting refund of 9k, out of 16 k that he had paid ? the 7 k was supposed to be paid for his 2.5 year usage of the resorts.

BVC calculate the cost of resort stay utilized based on market price, and the judge change it to 50% of that ?

This means that members are paying in advance the hotel bills for 38 years, based on the cost and increment in future 38 years, and only getting only 50% discount ?

Will anyone buy such a membership ? I tot we were convinced that we need to pay and lock on a flat rate of resort bill based on the time of purchase, and this same rate applied to all local and overseas resort which supposed to be much more expensive, but we got to use them in the same rate for 38 years, then only we pay the advanced 38 years bills, plus the maintenance fees.

I believe upon termination of contact, member should be fully refunded based on the above calculation.

btw, the 38k membership come with 7 night 2 rooms or 1 room ?

regards.
    serene
    Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Post  Sien Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:06 pm

According to Fun, he got additional payment of RM 4930 on top of the 9k+ from BVC and his calculation of refund amount was based on the balance of years membership not utilized according to the clause in the prospectus and BVC paid him accordingly.
    serene
    serene
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  serene Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:49 pm

Sien wrote:According to Fun, he got additional payment of RM 4930 on top of the 9k+ from BVC and his calculation of refund amount was based on the balance of years membership not utilized according to the clause in the prospectus and BVC paid him accordingly.

lol!

Thanks. I think this is just reasonable. It that due to order of court or negotiation ? TQ.
    Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Post  Sien Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:18 am

According to Fun, there was no court order or negotiation- when the court granted judicial review in respect of fairness of calculation, BVC paid without prejudice as per the amount claimed by him- Calculation based on the clause in prospectus i.e. amount refund based on balance of membership years not used and no admin fees to be charged!
    adnankam
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  adnankam Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:03 pm

I just wonder if I can ask for the refund...members since 2001.. Not paying any maintenance fee because unable to utilise membership benefits (tired and bored). I have never use it...
    cheowhin
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Post  cheowhin Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:43 am

adnankam wrote:I just wonder if I can ask for the refund...members since 2001.. Not paying any maintenance fee because unable to utilise membership benefits (tired and bored). I have never use it...

Just to share my experience.

Recently just paid my maintenance fees with 1.5% per month interest for the late payment.

Example :
    Maintenance Fees 2001 - RM 300.00
    If you are going to pay now : The amount would be around 300 X 1.5% X 12 X 9 = RM 486 (interest) + Fee (300).

Sien
    Moderate Contributor
    Moderate Contributor

Consumer Tribunal Form 1 filed - Page 2 Empty Letter to Minister of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism

Post  Sien Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:31 pm

I am not so sure whether BVC can charge such exorbitant interest rate. It will be interesting to know whether any fellow BVC members take the case to Consumer Tribunal?

By the way, adnamkam, I do not think you can ask for refund because you are tired and bored. Fun's case is based on misrepresentation and loss of holiday resorts.

Please read the IMPORTANT LETTER written by LC Chairman on behalf of the Liaison Committee to the Trustee, Trustee's and BVC Board of Directors and to the Minister of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism:
    [/url]BVC LC No Confidence Vote on Trustee

After you guys read the letter, please share with us your views.
    kkfun
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  kkfun Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi Sien,

I have read your letter on the trustee. Very well written as always.

In my opinion, members will have to stand together against these companies. It's good to know that the LC team is stronger now then before.

Regards,
    FunKK
    adnankam
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Consumer Tribunal Form 1 filed - Page 2 Empty Tired and Bored

Post  adnankam Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:12 pm

Tired and Bored... Feel like being conned... The person who get me signed for membership was really work hard for the commission. Get one member and then let him suffer. Who cares about the member. That's BVC. Promise me I can get the money back after 43 years. Now everything gone.. I am only asking for my money back. As easy as.. I don't use your facility.. I should not pay for it.. I don't need to pay for any maintenance. I used to pay for house deposit (RM3000). After 3 years..the project not materialised..But this developer payback my money with 'INTEREST'.. But BVC not that kind of organisation.. Sad To say.. Take my money.. No need to charge maintenance as member don't use it. But BVC will used my money to pay for others... I hope the pay for the food the eat.. I really hope so.. And with my anger.. I am relax.. but still.. HOPE WHAT THEY ATE WITH MY MONEY TURN POISON.. TILL THE END OF THE WORLD..
    serene
    serene
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  serene Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Hi, if you never use the facilities, can ask them waive your maintainance fees or not ?
    adnankam
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Post  adnankam Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:35 pm

PAY THE FEE.. REACTIVATE... OR ALL GONE..
    ehgan1
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Consumer Tribunal Form 1 filed - Page 2 Empty BVC Is fraud facebook

Post  ehgan1 Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:23 am

I wonder if we could set up a facebook account with the above mentioned title and let members vent their frustration. We can then take this to the press and maybe ask for some NGO to help push this. Forums like this while good is not going to get much publicity. I have been disillusioned by BVC years ago the moment they started taking out hotels and changing the rules of the game. Without a proper legal channel that is willing to fight for consumer rights, this is not going anywhere.
    lbhing
    New Contributor
    New Contributor

Consumer Tribunal Form 1 filed - Page 2 Empty Year 2011 Annual Maintenance Fee Increase

Post  lbhing Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:47 pm

pale
    Year 2010 Annual Maintenance Fee = RM 275.00
    Late Payment Interest = RM 49.50
    Year 2011 Annual Maintenance Fee = RM 297.00

Total Outstanding = RM 621.50

No booking available untill June 2011

What type of business on this earth doing by Berjaya.
    Pay money but no room provided !

Please help me all my BVC member.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content